What is Cisco Refresh?
Since 2001, Cisco has sold its high-quality remanufactured products—originally under the name Cisco Certified Refurbished Equipment (or CCRE)—and now as Cisco Refresh. From initial inspection and testing to cleaning and packing, only Cisco—the original manufacturer—can truly remanufacture our products to the highest level.
Not just refurbished – but Cisco Certified Remanufactured.
Cisco employs the industry's most comprehensive and proprietary remanufacturing processes. As the original manufacturer, we can truly remanufacture our products—including collaboration, routing, switching, wireless, and mobility products—to the same quality standards you would expect from a new product.
All equipment comes from Cisco supply sources and is screened to ensure that it is not counterfeit and can be remanufactured. Every piece of equipment has a verified and tracked product service history.
The most experience in the industry
Since 2001, Cisco has remanufactured millions of units in seven world-class facilities. Over 40,000 customers in more than 80 countries worldwide have deployed Cisco Refresh products.
Rigorous remanufacturing process
All equipment is remanufactured with genuine Cisco parts in a controlled manufacturing environment. All Cisco Refresh products are remanufactured using environmentally responsible processes and materials. Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant parts are used where appropriate. Critical firmware and hardware upgrades are applied, helping to ensure maximum in-network performance. All products come with a valid Cisco IOS software license. All equipment is cleaned and reconditioned in an electrostatic discharge (ESD)-controlled environment.
Comprehensive testing and regulatory certifications
A comprehensive set of diagnostic, functional, and network traffic system tests are performed. Burn-in and/or thermal cycling tests are performed to help ensure quality. All certified equipment receives regulatory and safety certifications for FCC, UL, CSA, CE.
Quality assurance inspections are performed to confirm compliance with Cisco Acceptance Quality Level Standards. Random, out-of-box audits are performed periodically to confirm that quality standards are met.
Peace of mind
Only equipment passing Cisco’s rigorous remanufacturing process can be called Cisco Refresh and carry the same warranty and support options as equivalent new equipment.
Do Cisco Refresh products come with a warranty? Can I get support?
All Cisco Refresh units are shipped with a valid software license and come with the same Cisco warranty as the equivalent new equipment, including limited lifetime warranties, where applicable. Also, Cisco Refresh products carry the same Cisco SMARTnet support options as the equivalent new product.
When should I consider Cisco Refresh?
Cisco Refresh products are ideal as a standalone solution. However, the value is even greater when blended into a solution with new Cisco equipment. Cisco Refresh works especially well in the following scenarios:
- Constrained budget: When budget is limited, Cisco Refresh provides the maximum flexibility in procuring the technology you need. Cisco Refresh products provide a cost-effective solution as individual product needs or can be combined with new Cisco products in a larger solution to reduce the overall cost and meet even the most challenging procurement requirements.
- Product availability: We maintain a large inventory of older and end-of-sale models needed to maintain installed network configurations or to optimize IT resources between planned migrations or upgrades. Our inventory of current models provides a solution if new product availability cannot accommodate your delivery requirements.
- Compliance with corporate “green” requirements: Remanufactured equipment provides a tangible green solution to help customers address corporate “green” initiatives. Cisco Refresh uses less energy to remanufacture and helps to extend the useful life of Cisco products.
What types of Cisco Refresh products are available?
We carry over 6,500 active (currently on the Global Price List) and end-of-sale products (no longer available new but with at least one year of support available from Cisco Technical Assistance Center [TAC]). Our inventory includes products from all technology areas, including switching, routing, wireless, IP telephony, security, and other advanced technologies.
ISO 9001/14001 certified processes:
- Inspection: Each unit is subjected to a thorough screening and physical inspection at every step of the process.
- Upgrades: The serial number of each unit is checked against the Cisco database to determine if critical Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) apply. Critical software and hardware upgrades are performed in compliance with ECOs.
- Restoration of default configuration: Any previous configuration and owner information is removed and the unit is returned to its default settings. Previous owner information recorded on Cisco databases is also erased.
- Testing: A comprehensive set of diagnostic, functional, and network traffic system tests are performed. Burn-in and/or thermal cycling tests are performed to help ensure quality.
- Repair: Units failing any inspection and testing are repaired to Cisco factory specifications, with the faulty components and boards replaced as applicable. The units are then subjected again to functional status, and network traffic system, burn-in, and thermal cycling tests are performed as applicable.
- Software: A licensed copy of Cisco IOS software is installed to help ensure maximum performance and network compatibility.
- Cleaning: Each unit is cleaned and detailed. Old labels are removed and new labels are applied. New fasteners and panels are installed as appropriate. Casings are cleaned, touched up, or repainted as applicable.
- Packaging: Units are carefully wrapped, placed in a new protective shipping box, and sealed in preparation for delivery.